Monday, April 16, 2012

Can I try?


Each slow, shallow breath I take
Sends me closer towards my fate.
My mind races with my heart, and fails to refrain
From creating a never ending cycle of lustful pain.


I clench this knife with an ambivalent grasp,
Letting it carve into my flesh as I let out a silent gasp.
Desperate for comfort, the silence feigns screams
As the blade reassures me this in not a dream.


I give into each corrupt desire,
I give into my every failure.


Am I dead or alive?
Am I reality deprived?
Can I feel? Can I cry?
Can I simply try?

7 comments:

  1. Blade against flesh to pull us back to reality. This is woven beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intense, heart-stopping piece...wow, just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I understand how you feel. I know what it feels like to crave the pain. How all you want to do is cry but nothing comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm sorry to hear you understand it though....If you ever need someone to talk to I'm here :)

      Delete
  4. Your poetry is beautiful and so I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award! The rules are on my homepage. Please do accept!
    Congratzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you <3 And where on your page, I can't seem to find it?

      Delete